Controlling the technology of a smart home is essential to bringing an installation alive, and is pivotal to the end-user experience. Control of home technology systems by smartphones and tablets is now commonplace. These and other remote control devices serve to increase convenience, efficiency, and ease of use.
This course will aid professionals to learn more about integrating sub-systems into their projects, and explore the different systems and regulations, in the context of a smart home installation.
Topics covered include:
• What is a control system
• Types of control system
• Communication protocols
• Binary & hexadecimal
• Basic heating and cooling systems
• Motorisation elements
• System commissioning
By the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand control system products, inputs & outputs
- Understand how to design a robust control system
- Explain and comply with safety regulations
- Understand basic coding principles
- Understand best practices for system commissioning