Understanding lighting and lighting control systems are essential to successfully provide the homeowner with a great ambiance and realise the lighting designer's aesthetic. A cornerstone for all custom installers' product sets, lighting controls can provide additional revenue as well as routes to new market segments.
This course will aid professionals to learn more about integrating lighting control into their projects, and exploring the topics of lighting-specific control, in the context of a smart home installation.
The course is ideal for new and developing installation engineers and technicians and is the ideal primer for the curriculum of the IST certification exam.
Topics covered include:
- Lighting dimming protocol
- LED control
- DIY lighting controls
- Part L compliance
- Basic heating and cooling
- The DIY marketplace
By the end of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand current lighting control protocol & how to implement them in a system design.
- Understand how to use LED lighting including tapes and colour changing systems.
- Explain and comply with Part L of Building Regulations and design heating and lighting systems in accordance with the regulations.
- Understand the DIY market place and how to interface to it.